On March 26 and 27 members of the European fireplaces Association (EFA, Europäische Feuerstätten Arbeitsgemeinschaft) came together for the annual spring meeting in Olsberg in the Sauerland. The well attended event took place in the information and demonstration center Renewable Energy (I.D.E.E., Erneuerbare Energien), which is offered the ideal venue for the EFA as a central point for information on the topics of wood, solar and renewable energy sources.
The focus of the event were several lectures to the topic of wood firing.
Speakers at the event were:
- Dr. rer. nat. Ingo Hartmann of DBFZ Deutsches Biomasseforschungszentrum gGmbH (Lecture: emissions of biomass-small combustion)
- Ivo Kastl made by Schräder Abgastechnologie (demonstration: Particulate measurement with fine dust filter)
Other items on the agenda:
- the Ecodesign Directive with the future energy labeling of heating systems
- a presentation to the topic “Energy Wood – A scarce resource?”
- the results of the EuP Directive, Lot 1 and 2, and the latest new to Lot 15 and 20
- the new website of the EFA
- the delivery specifications for suppliers of exhaust systems in relation to the EFA Quality Seal