RRF tests the new certification program of the HKI
In cooperation with the certification body of the TÜV Süd, the HKI has published a new certification program for fireplaces in accordance with EN 13229, 13240 and 15250. Manufacturers of efficient and low-emission stoves and other fireplaces can now have this certified. As an approved laboratory, the RRF also performs tests in accordance with this certification program.
The basics for the certification of your fireplace are as follows:
- You submit the certification application (application for certification of local space heaters for wood logs) to the certification body. We are happy to help you with the application.
- If your application and application documents have been checked completely and positively, you will receive a draft of the certification contract from the certification body.
- After the certification contract has been concluded, the certificate for the use of the certification mark is issued based on our type test and the test report.
- To maintain the certification, manufacturers must have a regular (at least once a year) product-related control test – usually in the manufacturers works. This ensures that the fireplaces manufactured in ongoing production correspond to the certified prototype. Since we are a recognized monitoring body, we can register our auditors with the certification body accordingly to your wishes.
- The validity of the certification depends on the testing and certification regulations of the certification body. Should the state of the art and / or the legal regulations change, the certification program may adapt.
We would like to assist you as your partner in testing, certification and monitoring of your fireplace and please do not hesitate to contact us for questions about the topic, to make appointments or to select a suitable auditor.